Thursday, November 01, 2007

Day Zero - Found some help

Where do I even begin? Due to turmoil in my life thanks to my older brother, I was forced out upon the road to seek a method to restore my family's wealth and honor. After many days of dark dispair while traveling, I happened upon a half-orc woodland ranger and a female human barbarian in the woods near to an inn I was seeking. I heard them argue for leagues and after following them for a short time I realized they were not a danger and so I presented myself to them and pointed out how they were both in error. They accepted my help (somewhat reluctantly) but they gained the inn that day and I gained two big-folk protectors. The half-orc was impressed I speak Orc, and the human was impressed I could use words of more than two syllables.

Later that evening at the inn, we encountered a halfling scout (I think we all know what "scout" is code for) and a half-elf cleric. I impressed the halfling with my command of his language and I impressed the half-elf with my command of the elven language. Who know my mastery of languages for the weaker races would come in so handy?

As we were all heading in the same general direction, we decided to travel together starting tomorrow morning. A leader for our little band has not yet emerged from the rifraff I now travel with, but I'm sure someone will be asserting himself (or herself!) soon.

I'm just glad I have a comfortable bed on which to sleep after so many days on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home